FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SITA [airline IT provider] data breach, some BAEC data compromised
Old Mar 7, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ttama
I'm very happy for you. That's not how it worked for a lot of us, including myself.

I don't understand the point of posting if you haven't had a problem, when you can see that so many have.

Are you saying you don't believe us? In which case, just say so plainly , rather than the "brouhaha" comment which is, as I'm sure you intended, patronising.

I refrained from posting the t**t word.

I've got so many questions (why do you think I don't believe people, why only negative comments ought to be allowed in your view, why do you think my message is patronising) but I'd just like to say one thing: I understand this was an inconvenience to many, I understand it caused frustration and I'm not trying to defend BA/patronise/be disrespectful. But let's put things in perspective for a second: this is about a password for an account where you can gain and redeem points for flights (which, inter nos, you can't take in the vast majority of cases). We're not talking about people dying here, we're not talking about bank accounts being frozen. Do you really need to go around blowing off like that and insulting people you don't know over this?