FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Consolidated Discussion of Tipping Ride Services Drivers
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:18 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
An uber driver is putting as many miles on his car for a trip as a food delivery driver. If someone isn't going to tip a cab driver or a shuttle driver then I can understand why they wouldn't tip an uber driver, but if you are tipping a cab or shuttle driver why wouldn't you tip an Uber driver for providing the same service?

I agree tipping is getting out of hand in this county though. They should just pay people a decent wage. My friends complaint with Uber is they keep dropping their payouts and he's at the point he is ready to do food delivery only and I don't blame him if he is making more and doesn't have to transport people in his car during a pandemic.

Someone in my office told me you are expected to tip employees at pot shops and there is a tip jar at the cash register of a small store by my condo.