FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR to LAX - Best flight time for minimise jet lag
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:12 am
choosethedrew

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Strawb
Indeed they are. Funny thing is they work well on some flights, and I experience no jetlag, on others they don't work so well. I usually get the worse jetlag on time differences such as Hawaii and Australia. Even on some of the short US East Coast - UK eastbound flights I have managed to sleep well enough to avoid jetlag. I've even tried limiting and even cutting out alcohol on those short red eye flights.
I took 1 x 3mg melatonin on QF10 LHR - PER and had zero jet lag, plus I did avail of the superb Qantas food and wine, it was astounding! Didn't nap on arrival and stayed up until 11 pm Western Australian time after a walk around the Botanical Gardens and a nice dinner. It being January, the sharp contrast of being whisked in just over 15 hours from cold, grey London to hot, sunny Perth felt very special.