FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:32 pm
shukar

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Originally Posted by kapsshah42
Just to elaborate my query, I am landing at BOM with QR from USA.I am a resident of BOM but in order to save on the quarantine I plan to book another flight of a domestic carrier to another airport in the country.So considering the above I had 2 queries
1. Can I go out of the airport post arrival by showing the domestic ticket (as there will be a long layover) and get the ticket cancelled.
2.If option 1 is not feasible, can I give the baggage to someone in the arrivals and then connect to the domestic sector thus saving the excess baggage charges.
They would not let me go out of the airport (otherwise, I would have just hopped onto car waiting for me outside). Also, I had to go thru customs in BOM but then was able to check in my bags for BOM-HYD-STV leg and collect the luggage in STV.

Last edited by shukar; Mar 2, 2021 at 1:35 pm Reason: Forgot to quote original message