FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waterloo/cedar Falls, IA Courtyard
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:05 pm
born sleepy

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Waterloo/cedar Falls, IA Courtyard

Check In Checked in on the mobile app. No upgrade offered there nor in person and I had to ask, as a Lifetime Titanium: "Not tonight but we can probably do it tomorrow!" in an extra-chirpy voice, meaning "I hope that turns him off to bothering to change rooms". OK, fine, whatever. Room This building was a former John Deere facility built early 20th-century. The restoration preserved the high original concrete ceilings with machinery fasteners and thick support columns. Huge window with effective light-blocking shades. Overall a large room for a standard non-suite fitted with the usual newer Courtyard furniture including the weird sloping desk and curvy couch that looks a lot more comfortable than it is. Unpleasant shower that's missing a door so the cooler outer air flows in real well which is a little chilling. The shower head was clogged with mineral deposits so water sprayed everywhere besides me, but it was replaced at my request the next day. It will still splatter water on the floor so I put a towel down. Service In the second year of Our Lady of COVID, no housekeeping, which is fine. I think we all got spoiled with daily room fluffing which is totally unnecesary. DO you replace your towels daily? Change the linens every few days? You do not, so you can deal with reduced fluffing. Dining Gross packaged dry stuff for breakfast which was fine as I do not eat breakfast, and the usual Courtyard not-free coffee was in fact free, but horrible. There's a restaurant in the building but it did not survive COVID. So basically no food service. I get it. There's no microwave in the room but there's a little dorm fridge. Location It's a little isolated and if you want to get dinner it's gonna be a drive, or expensive and usually-cold delivery. Pick one. Parking is free. Overall I would stay here again mostly because it's a lot different than the usual generic CY, and I've gotten used to take-out/delivery. My biggest complain is the lack of a shower door.