FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Best to Increase Miles in my SkyMiles account
Old Mar 1, 2021, 11:14 am
jsn55

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
Zorak is correct. You don't say which DL AMEX card you have but obtaining the next level up (such as Gold to Platinum) allows you to earn the initial sign-up bonuses that get you to your described earning goal in the time it takes you to make sufficient purchases (typically $3000 in spending) during the first 90 days.

Other ideas:
1) Book and air/hotel package via Delta Vacations and earn up to a 70,000 bonus Skymiles. Use Promo Code: SMBONUS Miles earned depends on the amount of your package.

2) https://www.skymilesshopping.com/p/extra-rewards.htm page shows extra bonus offers through shopping at that portal. For instance, a subscription to Motley Fool earns 9000 SkyMiles.
SUPER information! Just what I was looking for ... bits of intel to get my little brain started thinking outside the box. I think I have gold DL AmEx and if I do, I'll look into the Platinum. It would be wonderful to obtain the bonus. The DL Vacations thing is most interesting ... I don't know what Rakuten is, but you can bet I'll find out pronto. FlyerTalk is such a great platform ... THANKS to both of you!