FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2021, 4:41 am
Silver Fox
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
And to hell with all the extra premature deaths from depression and other poverty related conditions which such a policy will entail.

The job of Government is to make judgment calls on competing demands. This one has abrogated that responsibility, listening only to SAGE which has no brief to report on the societal or economic downsides to a policy of lockdown at all costs.
The only thing you are not allowed to do is let people die of covid. Anything else is fair game. Every year 78k die of smoking and smoking related illnesses. Presumably that overwhelms the NHS to a certain degree but I don't see that being banned. And they have a choice. Second hand smokers don't.

After June 21st everything back to normal, spike or no spike. ~1% of the population are likely to die of this and of that ~1%, ~10% have no co-morbidities. I think I am in that latter group, I try to be, I make an effort with fitness and diet, so sorry all of you that can't be bothered, Almost all the vulnerable have been vaccinated, including my mother who has almost all the co-morbidities on the list (she's not overweight is the only one she is missing) who wants her life back "come what may". I am sorry for the people that have had project fear rammed down their throats and are damaged beyond repair by this, but the sooner we get back to normal the better. And never again. This was not ebola.