FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Feb 25, 2021, 5:45 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
If I book award tickets on CX (SYD-HKG) for 4 passengers all under 1 reservation, and then later I cancel them, do I pay $125 cancellation fee, or 4 * $125 = $500?

Aso if I change dates or routes of the award ticket, would that count as cancellations as well?
If you book your awards under the current Covid-19 change/cancel waivers, cancellation would result in a return of your points & refund of the fees & taxes to your original form of payment. Since you must use new money for fees & taxes, the refund will be back to your credit card.

There are no change fees so changing dates & times would be without a fee, howver there may be a small refund or add/collect if there is a change of fees & taxes.

If you are changing routes, effectively you are canceling and booking a new award, but with the cancellation waiver, you would not pay any fees to cancel. Although, whatever waivers may or may not be available when you reroute will determine what fees may be payable for future cancellations.

Of course, if the award flights are canceled or significantly changed, you would be eligible for a refund, regardless of any waivers.

James