FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Good Ideas for Mileage Runs?
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:44 pm
MileageMule

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
That really is the best run from a cpm standpoint....it just takes forever and upgrades have been a lot more difficult even on mostly empty flights. I'm wondering if mileage runners are going to jump on the AM FLL-SEA return (or continue going through LAX) since I assume it will be the same plane coming in on the red-eye from SEA when the departure time moves up to 9pm. I personally don't like red-eyes that leave that early because I'm not quite ready to sleep at that time.....the 11:15pm departure was perfect.
I've thought about trying to sneak back onto the FLL-SEA flight, but as it currently stands, SEA-FLL arrives at 6:50a and FLL-SEA departs at 7a. 10 minutes is really cutting it close, and any delay can jinx the whole deal. I've tried a couple of different variations over the past few months, i.e. SEA-FLL-PDX-LAX-PDX-SEA, but I do like the SEA-FLL-LAX-SEA route because you have an hour and a half to clean up/grab something to eat at the LAX Alaska Lounge before continuing on.

As far as aircraft, the aircraft the does the SEA-FLL route is the same aircraft that does the FLL-LAX route, so it's a safe bet that you'll always make it on time.