FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:00 pm
Busymann

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
I just got back from Hyatt Ziva Cancun Turquoize on Sun, staying 8 nights.

The hammocks were not reinstalled outside Habaneros.
They were not offering day passes to Zilara nor vice versa to Ziva due to COVID (which makes no sense).
There is no adult-only restaurant.

The great thing is that the kids stayed on the private beach side (north side), pools and beach. We had a ball on the south side with no kids present. The kids liked to be underneath that pool with the overhang mostly.

One suggestion would be for Playa to add a Dips N' Sips to the south pool.

Folks that switched from Zilara to Ziva didn't like the food there and said the service was lacking. I'd never been to Zilara but the rooms are exactly like Hilton PDC, from what I see when I stayed at Hilton PDC in 2019. Those rooms at Zilara ARE better than Ziva and face the ocean.
Hilton PDC is ultra similar to Hyatt Zilara Cancun. They both have almost the exact same dining options, Pelicanos, Marie Marie, Chef's Plate, Asiana, Spice, and Tequilera Bar. They even have the same covered octagon off the lobby for entertainment. I think Zilara Rose Hall has the same octagon as well.

Ziva's property absolutely destroys Zilara, imo, and yes I'm saying that without having been to Zilara. Ziva has way more pool options by far and has 2 beaches to choose from.
There are also far more room types to choose from at Ziva.

I found that many were using water that seeped through the square levee blocks as a shallow beach area at Ziva.

I have noticed that some folks like defend something really hard because they like what another might dislike. Please, just get over it. Opinions are going to differ.
We all just want a good time and bang for the buck.

I personally have no interest in staying at Zilara but would love to visit while staying at Turquoize. I was set to do just that in May 2020 but that rez was cancelled due to a temp COVID shutdown and now they don't allow TT guests over there. Zilara is simply too small, has fewer options, and the cost difference isn't large enough.

I plan on going back to Hilton PDC in May. Hopefully they allow visits to Panama Jack by then. I like that Jack's Shack circular bar across the "moat".
We'll be coming back to Hyatt Ziva Cancun TT with about 6 more couples this year as well. Folks are waiting on getting their 1st and 2nd shots (got my 2nd yesterday).