FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Retention Offers (2021-2023)
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:15 am
holocker

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I called today about my Chase Sapphire Reserve Card as the annual fee posted on Feb 1. No retention offer. I was told I have 41 days to cancel for a full refund of the annual fee, from the statement date of Feb 6. I was reminded of the $300 travel credit being good for groceries and gas thru June, the $60 Doordash credit, the $120 Peleton Credit, and the 50% bonus rewards for Pay Yourself Back.

I have already used the travel credit and Doordash credit and am using the Peleton App, so so far have gotten $385.98 in credits back and with the full Peleton credit will probably have over the $450 fees in credit. I also use the Pay Yourself Back sparingly as I like to keep about 40,000 points in my account.

If I cancel now will Chase claw back the credits I have l have already used?

I have about 40,000 points left in my account and could transfer to my Chase Freedom for the time being and could reapply for a new card since I think it has been over 4 years since I received the 100k sign-up bonus. Does anyone know when the final month was when Chase offered the 100k sign-up bonus as that is when I got the card?

Suggestions on what to do would be appreciated. Thinking of keeping the card for another year at the $450 annual fee, since the credits I get will cancel out the fee, then canceling when the fee gets raised to $550. The one bonus I do have with this card and no others is primary car rental insurance, but no car rentals planned at least till the fall. Also priority pass but with no international travel planned for the foreseeable future that is of no use.