FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}
Old Feb 22, 2021, 11:29 am
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm trying to decide whether to stay here for a one-night stay. My problem is we always stay at Caesars because we get comped rooms, and free is my favorite price.

However, we really want a change. I could either use a certificate (but a waste since the points are only 35K for our night, and a cert is good up to 95K). But I'd still be depleting either points or the certificate. On the other hand, no resort fee (we do have to pay at Caesars because our status is low), free parking and free breakfast HH Diamond benefit (wonder what it will be?).

Vegas is the only place we can get comped rooms, so I hate to give that up. Also, since we didn't travel at all last year wondering if a 2 year gap will make our CET offers completely disappear.

On the other hand...really would like a change of scenery.

I know I'm rambling and everyone will say "do what you want" but have you ever been in a position where you used HH points and didn't have to? We don't have tons right now, but we'll replenish over time. And 35K is not a bad redemption.