FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Way to New Zealand using Avios
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:00 pm
Colossus

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by brunos
Very wise to relax and wait till June.
Your current major problem is flights to AKL. There are almost no international flights.
NZ has enjoyed almost normal life with very very few cases, mostly imported. But they are not ready to relax their policy for a long while. Vaccination just started this week end.
There will be a cost associated to getting to NZ, and you have to expect it unfortunately. Better be expecting it and be happily surprised.

Indeed travelling with an infant during two long flights is no fun, especially in Y.
But a lot of people have done it, me included when I was much younger. And 24h of suffering is not the end of the world.

In the meanwhile, just relax and see how the situation evolve by the end of June.
Yeah, I think I’ll try not to worry too much for now, fingers crossed more options open up over the coming months.

I am actually fine flying Economy if I have to - my wife however is determined to fly business at almost any cost, including her and the infant flying up front and me down the back.

From an Avios point of view this would actually work, but it wouldn’t be my ideal scenario.