FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking two seats / extra seat for person or object (EXST, XTRASEAT)
Old Feb 20, 2021, 11:11 am
EQDsSUCK

Can You Cancel Only the Extra Seat You Purchased If You Get Upgraded?

So, I realize that there are pretty much no more new questions at this point on the forum. However, I haven't seen this one discussed.....although I'm sure someone asked it at some point. :-)

Here is the situation:

For a one-way domestic non-stop flight for two traveling I buy in economy class an aisle seat, a window seat, and the middle seat for extra room (can't be done online but can be done on the phone). You might ask why not just buy a first class ticket.

The economy one-way price is about $50 and the first class price is $300. So I can pay $150 for three economy tickets (for two people) or $600 for two first class tickets. The three economy tickets for $150 seem like a pretty good deal to get a little more room.

If I am on the upgrade list and upgrade comes through for me and travel partner (2 upgrades per person at $40 each, or $160 total) before the flight, can I receive a flight credit for the extra middle seat I purchased since I'm not using it any longer?