FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar
Old Feb 17, 2021, 4:17 pm
CoweyB

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I’ve transferred 50,000 Avios to Nectar and have enjoyed getting my grocery shopping effectively for free.

I didn’t realise that if you pay with Nectar points, you don’t earn any Nectar points on your shop so you miss out on the personalised Sainsbury’s offers. So what I do now is identify if there are any offers that are attracting a high number of points that I want to buy that week.

If there are, I keep those separate in my trolley and use the Sainsbury’s Smart Shop app on my phone to scan and bag all my ‘normal’ shopping. When I get to the Smart Shop self service machine, I first scan the few items on offer that attract more Nectar points and pay for them by debit card.

Then I pay for the bulk of my shopping already scanned and bagged with my former Avios, now Nectar points.

This means I can shop each week, and earn about 150 Nectar points, while still getting the bulk of my shopping free with my converted Avios.