FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or LH call center line is constantly malfunctioning?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:08 pm
f4free

That's exactly true! And I had a nasty theory, and I tested it, and shockingly enough I was right with my worst assumptions.....

The agents do this to take a break!!! They hit mute until you hang up. They only do this when the system shows an opt out from recordings, of course. Otherwise they might get indeed fired. But without recording, they cannot get caught.

So I A/B tested. About 50% of my (approximately 4) test calls with recording opt out where answered immediately, 50% I got immediate answers with dead silence. On the last one, I said that I can hear you breathing, and I would report it if I don't get an answer. Badabum, magic, a female agent apologises that she had a microphone problem and professionally helps me out. How embarrassing is that!

Originally Posted by airoli
I have this same issue again today. Tried the general LH line in Germany, Switzerland and the US.... same result.

Intriguingly, the (US) line did connect immediately when I opted out of having my call recorded... hard to say if it was a coincidence. Annoying in any case.