FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt further extends expiration of awards plus more
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:14 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Are they ever going to extend the expiration of free night awards earned in 2021 ? My cat 1-7 FNA cert earned in January 2021 has a July 2021 expiration and I doubt I'll be able to use it by then due to travel restrictions.

FNA earned in 2020 were extended until December 2021. I'm starting to worry that Hyatt won't extend FNA earned in 2021 so that they don't have too many FNA waiting to be redeemed at one and hurting their cash flow. However that would be unfair to members with FNA earned in the first half of 2021, which would expire before FNA earned in 2020 which were extended
I get where you're coming from.

But it's also fairly reasonable IMO for any hotel chain to assume that, if you've managed to avoid "travel restrictions" to accumulate dozens of hotel nights in early 2021, you are equally as free to spend your certificates within 6 months. There are only a handful of countries that have made their restrictions even tougher since the beginning of the year.