FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Feb 17, 2021, 5:46 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
The hotel chains (albeit with their calendar periods) were quick off the mark, to address 2021 as a write-off...
Could you please list a hotel chain that has extended status a second time?
Most of them do offer double points/qualifying nights or have reduced the threshold; I haven't heard any hotel extending status until 31 December 2022 ( most of them follow a calendar year format as you mentioned )

Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
While I acknowledge that there a good number of non-UK nationals in BAEC, BA is (at least notionally) a British company, and the continued national restrictions should be a factor. Thus, as a minimum, BA should extend everyone with a 2021 year end... as an absolute absolute minimum, those of us with July and August year-ends will need some love.

But hey... the worst that can happen is I'm Blue next time I fly... (notwithstanding potential soft-landings)...
BA would most likely extend status at a later stage.
As I mentioned numerous times upthread, BA would not extend status far in advance. They would wait until late-spring or early-summer to announce extensions due to marketing reasons.