FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:48 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by danielm
I'd fly to Asia *constantly*, and I'd really like an APEC card. However, I'm not sure if my business would apply and I'd like some insight on whether there are downsides to giving this a shot.

I have an LLC for my website, which is centered on providing airport lounge reviews, with a focus on Asia (www.loungesharks.com). I *do* sometimes hop on a flight to get into a lounge, and I go out of my way to visit lounges at airports I wouldn't otherwise use.

Do I have a case here? Any reason not to apply?

Thanks,
Daniel
You're way overthinking this - most Customs inspectors I've dealt with while renewing this card barely even know what it is, and just ask me a cursory "do you have business in Asia" without going into detail. Describing a consumer market research firm based on Asia-based hospitality services is far more information than they will need, but you can always offer a link to your website if you get unlucky and encounter an inspector at the interview who just wants to be difficult.