FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PAL crew not following SOP for rest time?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 5:13 pm
IkarosBOS

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
That is the key. You started a thread about something you were told by someone else about a topic where you do not know the rules.

What you are referring to, if it has been accurately portrayed by the friends, is entirely common and I cannot think of why any civil aviation authority would require a hotel as opposed to a bed on an aircraft.

Whether the work conditions are what one would desire is a different issue and that of course is a matter for the employees to deal with.
Dear often1,
In your well deserved grandeur of being a flyertalk posting legend you seem to forget for a second that one of the reasons why people post and start a thread is because they do not exactly know the rules/facts and they ask information about something they heard but might not have experienced first hand.
So, the KEY, as you say (don’t worry, I have a somewhat logical mind as well, it’s not your exclusive) is I am asking a question in a dubitative form (hence the question mark) and if you want to help providing an answer provide that answer with and do not chastise people for opening a thread on something they don’t quite know.
On the specific matter, regulations or not I would feel less safe flying with a crew that didn’t even get a decent bed rest and has to work in those conditions and I fully sympathize with them getting that type of accomodation
On the matter of your answers, I promise you that I’ll never try to beat you in number of posts, all of 2 million of those posts which I am sure are perfectly informed and filled of your first hand information