FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Restrictions to entry in France
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2021, 9:13 am
offvoice

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by IstKong
The first decision of the Conseil d'Etat was published recently. It's promising.
The Conseil d'Etat says that the right to enter France for french citizens is indeed a fundamental right, but the jurisdiction refused to examine the legality of the decree because the plaintiff didn't showed that his case was urgent enough to benefit from the "référé-liberté" procedure.

I think that the référé-suspension that the NY-based lawyer introduced may end this stupid policy soon. But we must wait 3-4 weeks to see the result.

If one wants to use the référé-liberté, he must prove that you are travelling soon, then he will have a result in 48 hours.

https://www.conseil-etat.fr/fr/arian...1-02-10/449211
Just read it - this is crazy and resonate with what I shared a couple of posts ago: since when a democracy (last time I checked) grant discretionary rights to its citizen?

What this is essentially saying (pardon me as I'm not a legal expert, so I might have misinterpreted) is: "yes you have a right to come back to your country of citizenship (despite what the government mentioned) but we will not give you any legal guarantee you'll be able to do so in practice", is that right?