FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express companion voucher | master thread
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:06 pm
tonymc

Programs: BA, VA
Hi,

With the release date for our flights (hopefully CW MAN-LHR-SYD) a week away now, just pondering on options should I not be able to snag the seats on release - given my experience over the last few weeks of doing dummy bookings at midnight and finding no CW availability, I suspect the the odds are pretty low of getting these seats!!!

However, I'm looking at other options such as MAN-LHR-HKG BA CW using a companion voucher, then a daytime Cathay Pacific PE flight onto Sydney.

But I was wondering that if I keep searching and further MAN-LHR-SYD seats do become available, as I should have sufficient Avios to make a companion booking using a second companion voucher, if I then cancel the original MAN-LHR-HKG flight, would I still be able to keep the return flight (planned to be HND-LHR-MAN) booking on the original voucher, or would I have to arrange for the return leg seats to be rebooked with the second voucher?

In this case, I would have the luxury of being able to call BA the following day to sort out any rebooking..........if it is hopefully as simple as transferring the booking over!!

Hope this makes sense.