FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost luggage and Air France doesn't care
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:05 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by royal757
Anyways, I keep calling every two days
There's no point calling. You have the Worldtracer link, and you can see exactly what the person on the phone can see.

There is no parallel channel where different information on the status of your bag is kept; there is no other way for anyone to obtain information on the whereabouts of your bag, unless it is located somewhere and its details are reported to Worldtracer.

Originally Posted by royal757
What confuses me even more is that in these Covid times, almost no one travels. My flight was 90% empty and CDG and NCE that day had very very few passengers.
I'm not sure that the number of travellers/bags correlates to the likelihood of a bag going missing to the extent that you seem to think.

Any bag can get misplaced, fall off a conveyor, fall out of a bin, end up in the wrong bin, have its label torn off, or in any other way come to some mischief. It is not primarily the sheer volume of bags handled that, in normal times, accounts for the fact that any bag goes missing.

With fewer bags travelling, fewer bags will go missing. But it's not exactly as if there is some magic number of bags going into the system that, if this number is not reached, it can be guaranteed that no bag gets lost or misplaced.