FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 12 month status extension for Gold card holders rolling out - Silver awaiting info
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:20 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
My status expires in April 2022, so not really concerned yet about A3 not extending status.

That said, Aegean's actions are leaving a bad taste particularly because I see the measures countries are putting in place (pretty much no travel outside your own country - if you're even allowed outside your own door). It's pretty obvious now that new variants are the second part of the war we're in and that in itself isn't at all compatible with travel. It seems quite doubtful governments will agree to see their residents fly off to Greece over the summer holiday - especially considering that people who are vaccinated could still catch a variant and/or just be vectors of it - quite possibly this mess could go on until mid-2022.

I really wonder why Aegean is taking so long to extend status by another 6 or 12 months. People not traveling right now is literally costing them zero and some sort of a promotion could be drawn up to incentivise those who can fly. Other than annoying previously loyal members and ensuring they don't return I really don't understand Aegean's position.