FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost luggage and Air France doesn't care
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2021, 7:10 pm
royal757

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Lost luggage and Air France doesn't care

I recently lost my luggage (10 days ago) while traveling from NCE - CDG - YUL. I've opened a case with Air France from day 1, and no one is able to even tell me where it was last seen. Air France keep telling me to check back later .. but every day no news. I am confused as to how there is no trace of it, absolutely none. They can't even tell me if it was loaded in the belly of my first flight or not.

Anyways, I keep calling every two days and I am told "we have no trace, it's probably lost forever but wait 21 days to claim full compensation". I am uterly shocked by this answer.

What confuses me even more is that in these Covid times, almost no one travels. My flight was 90% empty and CDG and NCE that day had very very few passengers.

Statistically speaking, the more someone waits to receive his luggage, the more the probabilities of never finding it get higher.

Any course of avenue I should take after almost two weeks? I'm loosing hope, and had hard to replace content in it.

I've already opened a case with them and described exactly how the luggage looks and what is in it (to the best of my knowledge).