FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will CX stop flying because of crew quarantine?
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:46 am
CX828

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by freed0m
it is very obvious that HK government looks to close the border in hope of China opening border to HK.

China opening to HK alone is worth more than opening to the rest of the world in the current political climate.

HK people better wake up who is their master. Hint, it is not western. The time has long passed.
I get the hope of opening to China... but then why not road map to that. We still have quarantine requirements for China, Mainlanders cannot yet visit HK, and I don't believe air crew from Air China, China Southern etc. are required to do mandatory hotel quarantine when finishing assignments. I also believe there are still flights operating between UK and SA and China...

HK people better wake up who is their master. Hint, it is not western. The time has long passed
This is just an unnecessary statement. No one in this thread nor in the SAR of Hong Kong for that matter is under any illusion on the internal affairs of HK and China. And for all it is worth I don't think HK would consider itself to have been under any Western master for many years. My original comments are commenting on the lack of clear vision for mapping HK out of the current COVID-19 restrictions. For now these should be considered totally separate matters. HK has good reason to have strong border restrictions to protect its society. The question on hand is how far should these go, and what road map could the government draw up to gradually loosen these to facilitate some movement in the future. I suggest you join another forum if you wish to insinuate political commentary.