FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will suspend overseas travel until [December] 2021
Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:25 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
Does anyone have a handle on what time frame QF is taking US flights off the schedule? I see a March 28 LAX-MEL is still there, even though it is zeroed out, and that's 46 days out now. Trying to get a handle on when they might cancel my May flights that are also on the schedule (also zeroed out - Alaska has updated me with domestic Australia schedule changes on it recently), so I can check with Alaska and have them refund the booking fee they charge due to flight cancellation. Are they waiting until 30 days before departure to remove the flight from the schedule? Some other time frame until it disappears?
Cannot see QF flying long haul in May. Or June or July or August. They will not want to give back cash refunds any time soon. even if flights are to be cancelled. May just need to wait until QF formally cancels. Any late Feb - early March QF flights shown? (not the QF codeshare on AA)

04 Jan 2021 (ExecTrav AU)---->Qantas reopens bookings for all international flights from July 2021
That was rebuffed by the Government stating the border would not be open ---> *link*

04 Jan 2021 (ExecTrav AU)---->Qantas pushes back flights to Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan