FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA flight 1 (AA flight numeration protocols, oddities, etc. )
Old Feb 9, 2021, 6:07 am
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
Pan American Airways Flight 1 went ( if I can remember) SFO-HND-HKG-BKK-DEL(?)-AMM-FCO(?)-ORY-LHR-JFK-SFO.

That was truly a wonderful departure announcement in SFO, going through the WHOLE airport

"Attention please. Pan American Airways announces the departure of Pan Am (Maybe Clipper) Flight 1, now departing for for Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bangkok, New Delhi, Amman(?), Rome, Paris, London and New York.".
Originally Posted by tjcxx
I flew 2 sectors of PA2 in 1980. BOM/BKK/HKG.
I flew PA 2 NRT-LAX (747 flight, not sure it was 747-100 or 747-200) on 1979. I still remember the announcement, "Pan American flight 2 for Los Angeles, last segment of Around the World flight...." Could be because I was wee kid without international travel experience, but sure I remember total ambiance of looking at Pan Am 747 at the airport back then was sure different from looking at AA 777-300 or 787-9 at an airport today.

P.S. On that journey I continued on to TW 38 LAX-PHL on L-1011! Yes, sure flying was different back then. TWA was acquired by AA on 2001, I made my post AA related.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Feb 9, 2021 at 6:36 am