FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid test for entry/re-entry to US [merged thread]
Old Feb 6, 2021, 10:03 pm
chrisny2

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Baker421
Has anyone traveled with a "document of recovery" rather than a negative test? I'd appreciate hearing real world experiences. I have tried contacting the airlines (Swiss in this case) to ask exactly what the letter from the health professional needs to state, but they simply refer me to my embassy, which in turn, refers me to the airlines. The CDC guidelines contradict themselves in one paragraph by saying the letter must clear the person for travel, while in the next, it says that it doesn't need to mention travel specifically, only free the person from isolation/allowing return to work/school, etc. So if the letter doesn't mention travel, will the airlines accept it?
I'm curious for any firsthand experiences as well! If noone has reported sooner, I'll update when I come back later this month.

FWIW, here's my letter. My doctor's office in Washington DC seemed very familiar with the request and sent me this letter.