FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Palm Springs, CA
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:27 pm
PurdueFlyer

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
When I searched (for next week- since I'm planning on going), I got 9 results with kitchens within 12 miles of Palm Springs, but the only one with a kitchen in Palm Springs proper, is the Triada Autograph Collection. The rest are much further afield. The Triada is great, they have have some JR suite and 1 bedroom suite options, but I don't show anything with 2 bedrooms there (although there are options with 2 beds). If your daughter is only 1, maybe a 1-bedr suite would be good enough for your purposes though.

My go-to for PSP has always been the Renaissance on Tahquitz Canyon. I just called them and they confirmed that the ONLY restaurant thats open is the Patio Grille, and ONLY on the weekends. I asked about Titanium breakfast and was basically told "you get an extra 750 points for the inconvenience" because there is no breakfast. Pool is open, but hot tub is not. OK then! So I would advise to call around and make sure things that you value during your stay will be available. They are out of the regional "stay at home" order but still under code Purple, so no indoor dining yet.

Some of the vacation club properties a bit further out in Palm Desert may be better suited for a family, and would give you the added space you need, but I haven't stayed there. If you were going to rent a car anyways, this is probably the way I'd go. Normally I don't rent a car in PSP, the Renn and Courtyard have airport shuttles and everything downtown is walkable. Downtown Palm Springs is great, with ample free street parking on Indian Canyon and South Palm Canyon, so staying at the Villas and driving into town is totally doable.

Last edited by PurdueFlyer; Feb 6, 2021 at 4:51 pm