FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Q1/2 Global Promo 'Better Two-gether' 2x points/nights credit, Feb 16 - Apr 27
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:29 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyElite
So I just made a reservation at a Cat 2 hotel in the suburbs: 8 nights in total, 1 night paid and 7 nights on points, comes to about $90 USD plus 54K points. Hoping this will net me 16 elite nights: I have 53 nights right now, and if I select the 5 elite night as plat award, in total this will push me to 74 nights - I still have a 35K cert that I can use to get it to 75 nights.

Is my math sound?

Does the paid night have to be at the beginning of the stay (i.e., night 1?) or can it be any night in the 8 nights, long as it's under one reservation, in order to qualify for this double elite night promo?
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
No I don’t think your plan will work. First it requires at least a 2 paid night stay to receive double points and double night credit. Your plan only includes 1 paid night. Even if you change it to 2 paid nights realistically you will only receive 4 nights for the paid nights and 6 free night credit for a total of 10 nights credit. Probably the only way we will know for sure what Marriott’s IT does with my example stay is after some of us try it.
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Didnt Marriott Lurker and someone posted above that long as the stay includes at least one cash night, the double elite night credits will apply to the award potion as well?
Did not Marriott Lurker post such? Well, not quite.

Originally Posted by LdVinci
True for stays with award nights only. However if you combine, they do count for double nights as just confirmed on the FB insiders group by Marriott.

It turns out to have been LdVinci quoting Marriott Bonvoy Twitter that posted such.