FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your beauty routine for staying home?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 8:50 am
ysolde
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
So, I finally took the plunge. After months of reading reviews of the Revlon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer (and checking out styling reviews of the gadget on You Tube), I decided to take the plunge and ordered one on Amazon. Everything is available (overnight, even) on Amazon. I have dry, frizzy, impossible to style hair. Even in my travels, one of the first things I do is ask the hotel concierge to make me an appointment with a good hair salon for a blow-out. I just can't with my hair. So the pandemic has been difficult for me.

I have to say, the Revlon hair dryer (basically a blow dryer with an oval hair brush built in) has been a game-changer. I do have to condition very well (sometimes I mask, sometimes I just use a good conditioner). In addition, I use a leave-in conditioner as well as styling cream after towel-drying my hair. Because the hair dryer gets very hot and very close to the hair, I use a heat protectant. I also don't start until my hair is about 75% dry. More than that and it will frizz. Less than that and it will overstretch and damage the wet hair. Also (and please note that my hair is dry and frizzy), I only wash my hair once or twice a week.

It does not look as perfect as when it is professionally styled, but it looks pretty darn good -- smooth, silky, soft. And no damage.