FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS interlining and group travel
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:57 am
jhayes_1780

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
This is true to an extent however on a local station level there may be an agreement between carriers to “push” tickets to each other. I’ve been on US where the flight was canceled and all the passengers were moved to WN. There has never been an inter line agreement between both carriers for ticketing however there is a local agreement for the station to help each other out in IROPs.
I am NOT doubting your story... but if it was a US flight that means it was quite some time ago.

The larger factor is there would be no way for the OP to qualify if this exists, and what or where to contact when there is a problem.

Originally Posted by st3
With IROPS and interlining what level of obligation does UA (or any of the legacies for that matter) have for interlining, especially with a group? If we are flying out of an outstation like HDN and the flight is cancelled (not weather), would they put everyone on another carrier? I know that group travel policies can differ from what an individual traveler is entitled to.
I would take a look at the UA's group program: https://united.business/groups (while its on the UA "business site" is does indeed indicate its for any group or team).