FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation Thread: Will delta change status policies for 2022 status year (Closed )
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:53 am
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by passmf
I organically qualified for PM in 2020 and rolled over just short of 100k MQMs, so am PM thru Jan 2022. I have yet to fly this year so have $0.00 MQDs and have not hit the AMEX spend threshold. I looked at account on delta.com and it is showing me as qualifying for SM thru Jan 2023 (year 2022) along with spend messaging on what is needed to move to GM. Not sure if this is a known bug or perhaps a preview of what delta might be thinking for status 'extension' for 2022. Not a full extension but perhaps a lower medallion level based upon MQMs only? Just speculation on my part based up what I see in my account only.
It's not a "bug" - just somewhat confusing in the way it displays. I'm pretty similar - I am sitting at 85K MQMs so once I hit the AmEx waiver, I'll be a PM. But what it's display right now, since I have not hit the MQDs for at least FO nor the AmEx waiver, DL.com is saying I have to complete one (either MQDs or the waiver) to reach Silver, since that is the first level one would reach. Of course if you hit the AmEx waiver before the MQDs, you will go right past FO and GM and straight to PM since the FO/GM/PM AmEx waiver is all the same (unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying in which case it may be something wonky).

ETA: CGNC below noted your 1 MM status - that is probably why it already shows you as having Silver.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Feb 1, 2021 at 12:01 pm