FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RIP Cranebank BA Training Centre
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2021, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by revorgap
TBC isn't at Cranebank?
The property on the east bank of the River Crane was sold in September
No, TBC is in another place. see below

As for Cranebank, I think its state and what happened with it is a bit of a closely-guarded secret as it's a bit embarrassing. I was running a project in Engineering at the time of the TBC move and, as I my project had dealings with both Property and the Learning Academy, it was normal for people to chat. It was, on paper, sensible: the idea was to move everything into TBC, make that place double as both the airline's Business Continuity location and the training academy and, at the same time, sell the land where Cranebank was standing. Then... of course it happened. Asbestos. TBC 10th had to be completely cleared. TBC 9th too, apparently at much greater costs than previously thought. Turns out that Cranebank was filled with it too, which undoubtedly is making it easy to sell. Then a globally renowned security company, hired at great expense by BA to protect the Cranebank campus, was either asleep or someplace else when they failed to detect the caravan of 100+ Travellers who parked up on the road outside Cranebank, broke into it, took out everything of value that had been left (I'm told cabling), left a prodigious amount of rubbish and then left after a few weeks.

Good old Cranebank, I've got fond memories of having done my ground crew and iCSP courses there. I got food poisoning there once, but a friend of mine got such a bad bacterial infection from food there that he spent a week at West Middlesex or some other hospital...