FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of Covid-19 test facilities, by departure airport
Old Jan 30, 2021, 11:05 am
tjcxx

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Airport of departure: JFK
Name/address/contact info of test-provider: - Sameday Testing. 3 branches in NYC
Type of test taken: Antigen
Amount of time between test administration and having test results in hand for use to travel from mentioned airport: 30 mins, electronic only, plus time to print -- I did the test 2 days early and printed it at the house
Identify the relevant test requirement for the transited country and/or destination and/or airline (as applicable): LHR, travelling with AA. Antigen falls within the U.K. guidance which the airlines use.

The U.K. requirements as written in the regulation are very broad, but the guidance lists "such-as"s, including PCR, antigen. The rapid test option at JFK is XPres testing, at T4, which offers "rapid molecular" for $200. Although this would fulfil the requirement according to the regulation, I didn't take the risk as it's not one of the "such-as"s. There is also Adams Health at T1, with a PCR within 48 hrs., at over $300. I went for the Manhattan option at $150.

Last edited by tjcxx; Jan 30, 2021 at 11:12 am