FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moynihan Train Hall [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:08 pm
musicalbox

I visited today. It's really beautiful, the sort of train station NY should have. You really can't help but stand there and absorb it, it's stunning and such a change. The Metropolitan Lounge was, as reported, like an airline lounge although hard to truly compare with no food. Speaking of, I brought in a bag of purchased food from Penn Station and none of the reps said a thing, not even Angry Rep. Maybe because I had no open beverage?

I had a lot of time today before my train so could check it out but I don't know that I'll do it often, not even because once my work returns in earnest I'll have too little time to make the trek but really because without the early downstairs boarding you arrive on the front end of the train at the same time people who have waited at the main Penn Station are descending at the other end, whether it's from upstairs or downstairs I don't know. But I could see the quiet car filling up as I had to walk the entire length of the train to get there. Not something I'll do again, I don't think. We'll see if the food hall ends up with any really great places because that might tempt me back if I can swing it.