FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:46 am
boolean64

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I've currently got a four night points stay booked in late-March. Any thoughts on whether four nights is too long here? Really just looking to relax and do some hiking. I'm considering moving the fourth night to somewhere in Monterey, but would appreciate the thoughts of those who've actually stayed here. Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
As with others, I'd agree four nights seems heavy primarily due to the menu. With two people you'll probably start repeating items on the menu on the third night. We did two nights and it seemed short. Next time we are doing three nights but planning to eat somewhere outside the property one night. We also did 2 nights in carmel valley which was a great add on.

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Did you end up using your car much while you were at Ventana for 3-4 days, or is there sufficient activities within walking distance?
We didn't use our car at all over two days, but we didn't do anything but sleep in and sit by the pool. For 3-4 day you'll definitely use your car. The vast majority of trailheads are driving distance. Also for 3-4 days you'll probably want to go to dinner outside the property once and there's a great brewpub down the road a couple miles for lunch or an afternoon break.