FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alila Napa Valley REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:26 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gr2020
Slightly OT - but why is fall a bad time in Napa? Is it just much more crowded then, or are there other things that make you say this? Hoping to get out there sometime this year, and want to make sure I know all I can before planning it...
It is crowded, and that impacts traffic, dining, and prices. It's also a very busy time for the wineries. When I visit, I look forward to spending time with a winery principal or someone on the winemaking team. From August through October (usually), they are in the vineyards determining when to pick or in the winery preparing for or working crush and getting the wine into barrels or tanks. Things quiet down dramatically in November and December, although the weather can be grey and wet. My favorite time to visit is in the spring. Rain is still a possibility but the valley is beautiful in March and April as the hills turn green and the mustard blooms. It's a relatively quiet time for the wineries so it's possible to have some quality visits and the crowds should be smaller. Not much help for this year, I know ...