FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt reducing elite requirements for 2021
Old Jan 27, 2021, 11:14 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I like my concierge. Half the time, someone else in the Omaha office takes care of my TSU request or questions, but I still feel like my concierge has some level of personal knowledge about me and my travel patterns. For example, if I say I am traveling "with my family", she knows that I will likely want a roll-away bed if the suite she can get me doesn't have a pull out or two beds, and she will proactively have the hotel put that in my file so that it is out and ready upon arrival.
I have gotten gifts in the past -- when I had to cancel some trips last spring and get my TSUs credited back, she asked if I was involved in the response effort (I was then), and sent a nice package of treats and bath materials.

And like the above, I prefer sending an email to someone (who is responsive, which they are) than messaging twitter handles to a non-specified 'twitter team'.

I already got globalist until 2023 (at 31 nights now), but I definitely want to get to 60 nights and retain full benefits and new TSUs, and I don't think it will be any problem. I think the double credit promotion from last fall and now + the reduced requirements for globalist is a step too generous, but oh well, that just means crowded lounges when they re-open and start serving breakfast again. I will be happy just to have things back to normal to probably care. I bet there will be a lot of people that will see the value in the program and keep with it even after things normalize, which overall is good for keeping Hyatt and the program alive. I don't want to get bonvoyed...