FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19
Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:41 am
Mister P.

Originally Posted by YClass
FYI re: Covid testing at airport.

Landside (Arrivals) Aava clinic is only open for rapid Antigen tests at the time of the Amsterdam flight. Not available otherwise.
Airside (post-Security) Aava clinic only has PCR tests with <2hr turnaround with certificate. Still super rapid for PCR, but its not 15 min antigen.
You will not be able to check-in bags or board (if hand luggage only) unless you have negative Covid test. If you have >2.5 hrs to flight you can negotiate to get airside to get the Aava PCR test. Bags held in standby until confirmed.
Be prepared that there is confusion between UK requirements for PCR vs Antigen (UK accepts both, agents often think only PCR).
Hi, thanks for sharing this information, really helpful! I was just checking the info about Aava Medical Centre airport testing and it says they provide PCR results within 24h. Would they agree to the 2.5h results confirmation for a flight departing the same day? Also, any idea what the price is? (Not listed in their price list). Thanks!

To answer my own question, I just heard back from Aava: yes, it would be possible to get results within 2 hours. Total price is 300€ (including referral, test and certificate).

Last edited by Mister P.; Jan 27, 2021 at 3:52 am Reason: Update info