FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looks like more entry restrictions for Canada coming
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:07 pm
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Travel shaming of politicians and CEO's taking a sunny Christmas trip had it's chilling effect, and now while you certainly can travel somewhere warm for your Winter/March break, the proposed quarantine at a hotel will definitely discourage parents with kids that need to be back at school the week after. Can you imagine how awkward it would be to have your kids do their online classes all day in a mediocre hotel room shared with family, while parents are trying to do their remote work from hotel room? I'm sure you can fake the background for your web camera, but being in close quarters with each other will be very trying.

It's a game of virus wack a mole, only the government is swinging the hammer a lot harder. The coming weeks will be very interesting, especially as the more contagious strains start to become more prominent in Canada and the USA. Long term care home in Barrie is already hit hard with the new variant. I think the recent slight drop in cases is a precursor for an even greater storm to come. Hence further restrictions. It may be too early to predict with the new administration, but I have to wonder what new restrictions will be put in place south of the border to close perceived "loopholes"?