FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will IAD-HKG return?
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:02 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mucaari
Interesting. Of course this does not mean, that everything else will come back, but I assume that those are the destinations that are definitely being axed for the foreseeable future.

SE Asia: I think the destinations make sense, mostly very thin leisure routes, it felt that many of those were run by KA to see if there is a demand, and if so, they were kept. No relevant business route.
ME: honestly surprised about BAH. I would have thought they charge a premium for that tag-on flight from DXB.
N America and EU: EWR and LGW are obviously secondary destinations in the same city. Makes sense to consolidate for the time being. I assume BRU,DUB,SEA can be booked as a quite smooth connection through YVR,FRA or LHR. Just Washington DC market will be cut off I assume.
China: Also the thinnest routes cut. Interesting to see if they will resume CAN.

Will be interesting to see if they will resume the TPE-JP/KR routes and SIN-BKK at all or if these are gone forever.
AA and AS will have plenty of service to IAD or DCA once things are “normal”. AS’s service to YVR from SEA doesn’t work well with CX. Probably easier to just clear at SFO or LAX (AS/AA connectivity for SFO/LAX is leaps and bounds better than at YVR).