FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 3:03 pm
euromannn

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by RedSun
I would not make such strong statement. Per AmEx rep, it seems all eligible Plat cardholders will get the offer, just a matter of time.

The AmEx rep knew exactly what I asked him. And he kept it vague to some extent.

As to the footnote, I have one card in the first period, no offer since Aug-2020. Second card in the second period, no offer either. So I'll just ignore the "footnote" and trust the AmEx rep more.
AMEX rep's know little to nothing about these issues

Example:
Three weeks ago I bought airline ticket $201.00(Dec 31) first two AMEX rep's told me unto 90 days for credit.
Then called again for different issue and AMEX rep advised typically 2 weeks and he could manually adjust if not available by then.
Then "MIA" answer that AMEX travel is Expedia and they probably do batch updates causing longer delays.

BINGO : Jan 5, 2021 - credit appeared........so in the end only 5 day delay but no AMEX rep's was tuned into the process only read general guidelines.