FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 2:28 pm
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zorak
The targeting pertains to your anniversary date. A sample email was shared in post 121; I received this in early December (I think my renewal month is February) as part of a larger email titled "Your Platinum Card® offers new savings on holiday shopping, takeout, and more"
When you’re ready to travel, get up to $200 back

In appreciation of your Card Membership, when you renew your Platinum Card® in 2021, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits on eligible travel purchases with your eligible Platinum Card by 12/31/2021 when you book through American Express Travel.*

For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.
I'm not sure about the clear pattern. AmEx kept is vague. I have two Plat cards. As the AmEx rep said, I do not worry about this. We do not have much use of it right now. Better to get this offer later.