FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:50 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I've now had 4 stays as Ambassador this year. Three were one-night stays, one was a two night stay. I'll post full reviews on the appropriate master threads but here are the parts that matter most to ambassador level folks. Please note, I did not reach out to the Ambassador service for any sort of assistance on either of these stays.

Marriott Cleveland East: 2 night stay Sunday and Monday night: Welcomed as being a Bonvoy member. No mention of Ambassador. Upgraded from base king to corner king (since upgrades and room availability are so opaque, I don't know if anything else was available. Lounge closed, provided tickets for complementary a la carte breakfast in restaurant (given to all Plats and above on request) in addition to welcome points.

Marriott Lexington KY: 1 Night Stay on a Saturday: Welcomed as Ambassador. Upgraded from base king to corner king. Hotel has multiple suites, but they are not even bookable online ever so not sure what gives. Asked about breakfast, as lounge closed, I was provided tickets for $25 fresh bites. Not informed that the breakfast was in lieu of welcome points until I noticed welcome points were missing when stay posted. Not worth chasing.

Marriott Lexington, KY: 1 Night Stay on a Tuesday: Not welcomed as a returning guest or Bonvoy member. Booked base King, got a corner King. Suites again exist but are literally not bookable online so not sure whether anything is considered "standard".

Marriott Greenville, SC: 1 Night Stay on a Friday: Welcomed as Ambassador. Upgraded to huge full 1 bedroom suite. Provided tickets for full breakfast in restaurant + welcome points. Was told if I wanted water/snacks to come to front desk and certain items would be complimentary because of lounge closure. (This was probably my 2nd best stay during COVID hands down and a top stay generally as far as staff quality and honoring elite benefits. Staff was amazing, especially given I had never stayed here before. (#1 stay was at a hotel where they know me))
Thanks for the detailed posts. You are actually doing much better then me (multi year ambassador) with both recognition and upgrades.

I have heard now from a couple of front desk staff that they have taken at least some suites out of inventory. Not using the rooms at all, for either paid stays or upgrades.
Probably to save wear-and-tear while room rates are down, as well as any differential in housekeeping costs.

So a major benefit is pretty much restricted.