FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Experiences Discussion Thread (2021 / 22 / 23 -)
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:01 am
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by khabah
Following up on the above, I just read this article about how Bonvoy is the "backbone" of Marriott's strategy. They're not interested in giving away "too many free nights", but rather want their guests to wonder "why they would ever join another hotel loyalty program."

At this point, after all this, I wonder if Marriott's top brass are senile, straight-up delusional or really dislike where they work to the point that they themselves are sabotaging it from within. Double-you tee eff.

Pasting below to avoid the annoying registration wall.

khabah

How Marriott Is Fighting To Save The Golden Goose: Its Loyalty Program

I always though Marriott is working very hard to make Bonvoy the most useless program by removing benefits here and there and pretty much killing the most visible benefit of their highest loyalty tier.

Bonvoy suspend brand standard when other manage to continue offer their pre covid benefits... increase members dissatisfaction.
Removing personal ambassador and replace with a group of cs rep with fancier name.

The only things that held members from defecting to other program are Marriott own footprint and interesting properties within their portfolio.