FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:18 am
babyg_wc

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi.

I originally booked an itinerary on 19 June 20 for travel outbound 19 May 21, inbound 27 May 21. Some of the flights were involuntarily downgraded by BA a few weeks ago so I changed dates and destination. I haven't confirmed that change and fare difference yet due to the many recent Covid related events.

Currently I'm a bit lost as to what the latest dates are that I can rebook for, should I wish to? I'm aware of the 12 month limit but I've read that this may not always be the case. Thanks for your assistance.
12 months from date of issue is the IATA rule, thou IATA allow for extensions beyond this assuming BA do. There are reports (myself included) of BA allowing ticket validity to be extended, but these are outlier cases and generally BA will say no to extending ticket validity. The first option is to try via MMB, failing that try a few different agents, you may get lucky.