FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Jan 16, 2021, 4:11 am
flashware

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Currently in Singapore, my SIN-LHR flight on 26 Feb has been cancelled. This ticket is an Avios ticket in CW booked during the 50% sale with an Amex 2-4-1. I changed the dates online (for £30 ish extra in taxes etc but no additional Avios).

As I understand it, the QR rebooking is not possible for this because it is a redemption - although if I tried, I may get lucky. However given the removal of Qatar from the self isolation exemption list, I may want to avoid this anyway.

If I want BA to reroute me as soon as possible then I assume that they will put me on the first flight available on BA which is BA0012 on 3 March. Then BA would be on the hook for my hotel from 26th Feb - 3rd Mar.

Otherwise I can rebook to any available BA SIN-LHR flight within ticket validity.

If this is correct then I may leave it for the moment and decide if I actually want to go back to the UK then or postpone it.
Given travel corridors are being temporarily cancelled anyway, it's likely this will be extended further and thus maybe you should consider QR.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I can almost guarantee you that BA will refuse to reimburse SG hotel expenses from 26Feb to 3rd March.
What makes you say that? I was stuck in CAI when BA cancelled flights for a week and they covered all of my hotel and F&B expenses.