FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Jan 15, 2021, 3:59 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by 13901
That’s understandable and it kind of makes sense that, at some point, you got to draw a line. But not allowing translations is a bit unfair in my opinion. In my company we send a lot of Engineers on business-critical jobs all over the world and these guys are based in Norway, Netherlands and Italy where finding tests in English is neither easy nor quick; a certified translation is normally the way forward, even in countries that have been a lot stricter than the UK. I don’t really see the logic in this - after all, the same UK government allows for translated criminal record checks when providing security clearances...
This is all based on the IATA interpretation. This is the same interpretation that states 72hrs when it is not written anywhere in the law. I haven't reviewed the law to see if they actually specify language. I would assume that the immigration officers use the law. The airline agent will go by their own interpretation of airline's interpretation regardless of what the actual law says and if the airline uses the IATA system, it is the agent's interpretation of the IATA interpretation. The passenger is forced to whatever the most restrictive of the two are.

Last edited by eng3; Jan 15, 2021 at 4:39 pm